" It's Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."
I just got back this morning from a one day trip to Cochin...still SO groggy :) Did a bit of my trousseau shopping + loads of baking -goods shopping! :) Must say, not much energy left! :)
I LOVE this season and now that Christmas is around the corner I thought of doing a double-post, yes 2 recipes! :) These 2 are my current favourites. Trust me, the cookies are mighty delicious and the cake...sinful ! :)
MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP POUND CAKE
Recipe source: My Mom
Eggs-240 g ( 6 large eggs)
Baking powder-1 tsp
Instant coffee powder- 2 tbsp
Boiling water- 2 tbsp
Milk-1/4 -1/2 cup (optional)
Chocolate chips-3/4 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease, dust and line the baking tin.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Mix coffee powder in boiling water.
- Add coffee + vanilla extract to the batter.Add the flour which has been sifted with baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips which have been coated with some flour.
- If, the batter is too thick, add some milk to loosen it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 50-55 mins or till done.
I am a huge jam- treat fan! You would have seen it in my Buttery Jam Tarts and Jam Filled Cookies . So here is one more to add on to the list :)
Recipe source : Southern Living -Cookbook of Cookies
Powdered sugar-2/3 cup
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Flour-2 1/4 cup
Mixed fruit /Raspberry jam- 1 cup ( or as needed)
- Beat butter at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugar,beating well.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour & salt;add to creamed mixture , mixing well. Chill dough at least for 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1" balls; place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press thumb in each & bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins *. Spoon preserves & bake for 5 more mins.
- DO NOT brown. Cool on wire racks.
* It took me 20 mins in my oven.
Thank you for stopping by!