Ria's Collection: ♥Surprise Surprise!!♥ It's a Pink Surprise! ♥

Thursday, August 13, 2009

♥Surprise Surprise!!♥ It's a Pink Surprise! ♥

It's been a WEEK since I last blogged???? That's exactly how I reacted this morning when I opened my blog. I got a bit busy having my cousin around .So I was determined to type out a post today no matter what!! :P So here I am with a SURPRISE for y'all, a Pink Suprise :)

Do you want to surprise your guests? Do you want to impress them? Then this is the recipe for you! Serve them as soon as they have comfortably settled in your homes and be ready (maybe carry a bucket too! :P ) to fetch the compliments they are going to shower upon you! :P :P :P But trust me, they will be floored! :) [Is Ria exaggerating?? Why don't you try it and find out for yourself?? :P]

This is a simple, quick,make-ahead drink which has been made over n over again in our house.
Pink Surprise
Recipe by my mom

Ingredients:
Black grapes- 1kg
Sugar-750g
Water-16 glasses

Method:
  • Boil water and sugar together.
  • Add washed grapes into it. Let it boil.
  • When the grape skin starts to break open, stir and take it off fire. ( don't worry if 5-6 grapes stay adament and do not open up! :P )
  • Strain the grapes and let it cool.Reserve the strained juice.
  • Peel away the skin and squeeze the skin. Collect that juice and add it to the strained juice.
  • Take another vessel which can hold that amount of juice.
  • Pour the juice into that vessel from a height.( Yes! It will splatter a bit ...but go ahead! )
  • Repeat this for another 3 -4 times.This will help to de-seed the grapes.
  • Refrigerate the juice and use within 4 days.
  • Pour into tall glass and serve. You can see the skinless,seed-less grapes floating on top.
  • Now go ahead and surprise your guests! :)

Sip! Sip! Sip! and ENJOY!! ♥♥







18 Comments:

Varsha Vipins said...

Beautiful..I remmeber having it in a shope near college..!

Divya Kudua said...

Grape juice in a new avatar..:).Love the pink surprise..:)

Divya Kudua said...

and I love the way your blog s taken over by hearts..:)

Ria Mathew said...

Thanks guys!

Varsha-Orakkam elle?? That was so quick!

Divya- Yes, now it love love time for me :) It's spread to my blog also :)

Rachel said...

love the pink surprise..I shall surprise my guests with this :)

Mangala Bhat said...

Beautiful ..nice presentation!

Jamie said...

This really is a beautiful drink and I'll bet it is so delicious and refreshing!

Abhilash said...

Appa! no need of Rasna and appy now.. I will try it...

Thanks Ria... and nice to see you back...

Today; Images mein woh baat nahi hain...

But I will have to make sure I take a bucket... not for the shower of compliments but for the shower of this surprise they are going to spit once "I" prepare it...

Kidding :D

mathew said...

nice...but how do i make it into wine..;-P
I usually buy the packaged grape juice...but this one must taste real different..

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Nice drink. Love the color. Do u know to make wine???

devi said...

Dear Ria,
I have a non-food related doubt. Did u crochet that table mat? if yes do u have the pattern for that? looks very lovely.
Neethu

Ria Mathew said...

Rachael-Thank you! yes! try it and I am sure they will be suprised! :)

Mangala, Jamie- Thanks peeps! xx

Abhilash- LOL! enthanelum avaru suprised aayirikkum :)

Mathew- LOL! :P :P This does taste different... not too sweet not too grape-ish ..

Smitha- Thanks dear! yes,we do make wine at home.. actually throughout the year! LOL!

Devi- Thanks a bunch for stopping by! Yes, I did crochet that mat but unfortunately I don't have that pattern with me now since that book is with my aunt. Do you want me to photograph it and e-mail you the pics? Lemme know!

Mishmash ! said...

we call this grape juice ;)but no pouring procedure u mentioned in between.. we add a spritz of lemon too at the end...just before refrigerating.....that sort of gives a 'kick' , especially from the second day onwards....oru cheriya wine effect kittun :P

Preethi Pinto said...

Hi Ria. A question. Do you think it will work out fine if the boiling is done only with grapes, sugar and minimum water (say 4 glasses) to get a concentrate that can be diluted as required? I am presuming it could be stored in the refrigerator for upto 10 days even.

Preethi Pinto said...

Hi Ria. I tried this and it is totally refreshing and heavenly, esp after any outdoor activity. Thanks! Do let me know what you think abt the grape concentrate.

Ria Mathew said...

Preethi,
Thanks for trying, so glad to hear you liked it :) We love this at home!

Sorry for the delay, you can make a concentrate but not with this recipes proportion.

Preethi Pinto said...

Ria, this has been a regular this summer...I must have made it about 12 times already....thanks!!

Ria Mathew said...

Preethi- Everytime I see your comments I jump with joy!! Thanks so much!! Btw, are you on FB?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...