Ria's Collection: Reshmi Kababs & A stove top version!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Reshmi Kababs & A stove top version!

Our family LOVES chicken so anything made with it is finished instantly :) So we usually love experimenting with chicken.
Kabab making was something that we rarely did at home. And me being a person who love to experiment had this in the back of mind always!And I was determined to try it one day!
And recently Hetal & Anuja demonstrated an easy STOVE TOP version...I followed them blindly! :) I knew I can never go wrong with any of their recipes :)
Reshmi Kababs:
Recipe(verbatim) by Hetal & Anuja

Ingredients:

Boneless Skinless Chicken - 1 lb (approx 1/2 kg)
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1/2 cup
Ginger/Garlic Paste - 2 Tbsp
Ground Mint Leaves - 1 Tbsp
Ground Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) - 1 Tbsp
Ground Green Chilies - to taste
Salt - to taste

Method:

1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients EXCEPT Chicken.
2. Taste the mixture and adjust salt before adding chicken.
3. Add Chicken and mix well.
4. Cover and keep in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4-6 hours (overnight if you have time).
5. Soak wooden skewers in water for 1-2 hours.
6. Pierce the chicken onto the skewers and place on a baking sheet lined foil and spray coated with oil.
7. Broil in the oven on High (on top shelf) for 10 minutes.
8. Turn chicken over and continue to broil for another 5 - 7 minutes, until light brown.

Alternate Cooking Method:

1. Add marinated chicken with all of the sauce (marinade) into a hot non-stick pan.
2. Cook uncovered and stirring continuously until chicken is light brown (caramelized).
3. Turn off stove. Cover the pan and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.


It was absolutely delicious and flavourful! I just couldn't resist myself tasting and re-tasting the marinade! It was an instant hit at home! And off it goes to my recipe collections and onto Amma's Cookery Class index :)

Note: Sorry for the not-so-good clicks! We made this for dinner and our home has 99% incandescent lamps, so that explains the yellow tinge! :(

19 Comments:

Anju said...

Ria,

Another lipsmacking recipe. You are making me quite hungry! :-)
Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog.

My comfort food network said...

Hey Ria,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love chicken kababs in any form. This does looks lip smackingly delicious.!

Chef Jeena said...

YUM! These look so tasty Ria!

Rachel said...

That marinade is indeed tempting.

Michelle said...

Yummy...chicken and ginger can't get much better! Great recipe!!

Abhilash Pillai said...

sauss is the best combination for this when eaten alone...

Otherwise the normal chappatties, kulcha, naan, paratha, rummal roti, roti...mm... have to try to say better...

I think this will be delicious...mm.. yes..

Anonymous said...

Slurp !! what yummy kebabs...great marinade and superb make...Love to check this soon..Thanks Ria..

Unknown said...

Yummy Ria!! Love it. Will definitely try this one out :)

mathew said...

i always wanted to try this...the recipe sounds simple enough for me!!:)

Pooja said...

Looks so good! And stovetop version! This is a must try one :)

Unknown said...

My favorite kind of kababs! And is that you in the picture?? They look delicious, must have tasted amazing!!!

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Would love to try this recipe sometime. Looks good Ria.

Doloncookbook said...

hey Ria , Now this is completely unfair ... You are tempting me but not giving me one piece ... Looks great & you are pardoned from the light excuse .... So yummmmmmmmmmmmmy .....

Ann said...

These look great - nice simple recipe too! I'm always on the look out for kebab recipes, they are so perfect for summer dining!

Pinal said...

Hi Ria,

I have read some of your comments on Showmethecurry.com and couldn't help checking out your version of the Reshmi Kababs. Your Kababs look really good,even better than Hetal and Anuja. Did you do anything different? I noticed that in the picture of when you add the kababs to the pot, the kababs look drier and your end results look different too(better). I would like to make this, but wanted to know if you have done anything different.

Thanks.
Pinal

Ria Mathew said...

Thank you lovely ppl!

Pinal- You made my DAY!! Whoa! I am so happy that I am compared to Hetal & Anuja! YAY!

I left the chicken marinate for almost 12 hours (overnight) and the next day when I took them out, it was kind of coated well on the pieces. I didn't do anything different with the marinade but just let them get a bit crunchy/drier on the edges. It tasted FAB!

Maybe you can let them cook for another 3-4 mins more so that you get that dried/crunchy outside.

Let me know how you like it! Any more questions please feel free to email me!

Pinal said...

Thanks Ria for the quick response. Your version looks quite different from theirs'. I will be trying this in about 2-3 weeks when guests come over.

Thanks again and see you on showmethecurry.com :)

Jobin said...

hello, I made this. Pretty simple to make and tasted good. thank you.

Sue :) said...

Hi Ria,

This recipe is absolutely awesome! I made the stove top version and it was finger licking good! Another thing I did at the end was to smoke the chicken once it's done and this gives it a more authentic charcoalish flavour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...