Ria's Collection: Chicken Gold Coin - A perfect party snack!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chicken Gold Coin - A perfect party snack!


Weekend's are usually my experimenting( read happy) days and on the contrary scary days for my family! :P Sometime last week Amma came up with this brilliant idea of NO COOKING on Sundays so that she can do a lot of other work which included cleaning,dusting of the house etc... and I readily supported Amma! And you won't believe what Appan said just after that!! GUESS!!
No 'BAKERY' too!! :( He calls me a 'bakery' purposely not a 'baker'! Every time I bake something he asks me whether the bakery is in action! :P But I did not succumb to his announcement!

So last Sunday evening, I was craving for something spicy...definatley not something heavy like rice dishes instead something simple n quick! And that's when I remembered the snack I had bookmarked really looooong back! Chicken Gold Coin! The name was soo inviting esp when the gold prices touched 11 K + recently! :P We usually get this in a restaurant here but for some weird reason they don't have it on their menu anymore :( So as usual...same Ria! You don't get to buy them?? Then make them !! :D
Chicken Gold Coin
Recipe slightly adapted from Sanjeev Kapoor

Ingredients:
Chicken mince- 250 g
Ginger garlic paste - 2 1/2 tsp
Green chilly paste - I ground 2 green chillies ( as per your spice tolerance level)
Onions-1,small
Soya sauce- 1 tbsp
Cornflour-2 tbsp
Eggs- 2
Aji-no-moto(MSG)- a pinch ( purely optional)
White sesame seeds- for sprinkling ( I din't have any in my pantry )
White bread slices-10-12

Method:
  • Mince the chicken once more which makes it easier to handle and form smaller balls.
  • Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste,chopped onions,soya sauce,cornflour, 1 egg, MSG to the mince and mix well.
  • Cut out small roundsof 1 1/2" diameter from the bread slices and brush them with the remaining 1 egg (slighly beaten) on one side. ( I used my flower shaped cookie cutter)
  • Divide the mince and form into small balls and keep them on the bread cut-outs ( on the side brushed with egg) and press slightly .
  • Sprinle sesame. Press lightly.
  • Refrigerate for 15 mins.
  • Heat oil. Fry face down for 30 secs and turn and fry for 15 secs.
  • Serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
This is a super easy snack and was a BIG hit at home! So I guess I won't be banned from my 'Bakery ' on weekends! :) Me and my Amma wanted to know whether the croutons would still remain crunchy after sometime ...so kept aside one piece for some 30 mins ... but it still remained crunchy and perfectly yumm! So all those who have been thinking of making it ahead... Just do it! :D

Have a great day!!

19 Comments:

Varsha Vipins said...

Adipoli Ria kuttis..really like gold coins..yummm..Il try it sometime..:)

Unknown said...

This is an interesting recipe. Would love to try this one day...

Anonymous said...

lol Ria on the bakery note..haha
chicken gold coin looks tempting and perfect for a weekend..

Anita said...

Looks great! I've never seen these before, but love the look of them!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow ria first time here.. really so much impressed with ur blog and recipes.. Gold coins are looking so delicious.. keep rocking

zita said...

Love the name... have to make them soon... bcs they look so delicious ;)

Pooja said...

Wow this looks so good! Wonderful snack! I liked the new look of your blog too!

Unknown said...

Yummm!! Have to try this out!!

Ivy said...

Sounds delicious and would be a great party food.

Shabs.. said...

as u said, the name is very interesting, looking lovely too....liked ur dads bakery comment....:D

Sanghi said...

Yummy gold coins..! WIll surely try out ! Excellent recipe riA! Do check my blog for the event and a visual tour to Malaysia!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A yummy idea! That recipe is very tempting!

Cheers,

Rosa

Parita said...

I totally agree perfect party appetizers!

Unknown said...

So easy to make naa! Unfortunately, I hate cooking! But I'd still love to eat this, off they go to mom!! Lovee the first picture :)

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

Wowiiiii! Nice recipe Ria. I will try it sometime but without the deep fry part.
U seem to be so into cooking. I don't think there will ever be a day when u say "I'm fed up of cooking" :)

Ann said...

Wow - these look very interesting -great recipe - of course my mind immediately raced to "so the bread doesn't fall off when you fry them?" LOL!

Prices Gold Coins said...

Wow what a nice desings i like your desings.

Prices Gold Coins said...

Hey your recipes are too much tasty i like your recipes.

Unknown said...

This recipe is just yummm !! I made this during the weekend for a party at home, and it was an instant hit. Everyone just loved it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...