Ria's Collection: AMERICAN BROWNIES

Monday, March 16, 2009

AMERICAN BROWNIES




She came across as a tomboy,least bothered about what happens with the rest of the world! But when we got to know each other better... I was so wrong!! She was indeed tomboyish with her short curly hair which reminded me of" George" from Enid Blyton's FAMOUS FIVE.
She is Ava, a mangalorian girl who joined us in 'Maria Sadan' during my days at Mount Carmel College, Bangalore. Whenever she goes home, she used to comeback with a batch of freshly baked heavenly BROWNIES!! Never got enough of it since all of us were greedy about them!! Well! That's how the hostel life is!! :)
I remember asking her for the recipe.. that was like 4 years back!! She had e-mailed it to me and i happily wrote it down! But unfortunately.. i lost that paper( which i kept "SAFE"..so much so that i can't recollect where that was!! ) and at the same time my inbox had some technical problem due to which i lost that mail of hers!! How depressing can that be!!! :(
And years after.. few months back.. Dec'08... i was at my maternal home and flipping through my aunt's recipe book and there it was!!!! my precious recipe!!! No words could describe how happy I was then!!! :)
Later, after all my "Happy Scenes" me and my aunt had a long discussion as to how i lost that and how i found it amongst her recipes years later!! :)
Yesterday, while I was at work I had a huuuggge craving for Brownies so I thought il try and re-create Ava's Mom's magical brownies!!
Loved it!! :) I really hope you all would try this out..it's very very simple but the result is browine-blowing!! :D


AMERICAN BROWNIES
Ingredients:

Flour:200g
Sugar: 200 g
Butter:200g
Eggs:3
Baking powder:1tsp
Cocoa powder:3 tbsp
Vanilla essence:1 tsp
Walnuts/Cashewnuts: 1 cup (chopped)

Method:
Melt butter,add sugar and mix well.
Keep it down from fire and when slightly cooled ,add cocoa powder and mix well.
When completely cooled, add the eggs one by one and mix thoroughly.
Add the maida sieved along with baking powder and mix well.
Lastly add the nuts coated in a little bit of flour(so that it wudn't sink to the bottom of the pan).
Grease a pan, pour the mixture and bake at 180 C for 45 mins to 1 hour.

Hope you all like it!!
Keep coming back for more! :)








3 Comments:

Unknown said...

i ve always had my mouth drool wen i pass by hagen-das,coco's n all those pastry displays,but never knew it wud be possible to get the recipe n actually make it at home.felt they came from a totally different universe!!! Not anymore!! thanks to ria's collection!!! ;D

Ria Mathew said...

Babitha-Thank you so much!! :)

Unknown said...

Brownie turned out awesome !!!
Came out soft and rich.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...